LEARNING TO S.E.E. (SELL EFFICIENCY EFFECTIVELY) - 2-DAY TRAINING
If you seek shorter sales cycles and higher closing ratios for your efficiency projects, join us for Learning to S.E.E. (Sell Efficiency Effectively)™, a two-day workshop focused on selling efficiency that features concepts from the award-winning, weeklong Efficiency Sales Professional™ Certificate Boot Camp. Thanks to the generous support of TVA, members of the Preferred Partner's Network are eligible to attend at considerably reduced tuition! Participants will also receive a full year’s free access to eight hours of online/on-demand training on the Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects and be invited to monthly coaching conference calls hosted by the course instructor.
This workshop will be presented by Mark Jewell, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and nationally recognized subject matter expert, coach, and speaker focused on applying energy efficiency to create value. He supports other professionals and organizations in overcoming the barriers to implementing projects. His experience includes over 30 years in commercial real estate and 20 years in energy efficiency. Over the last two decades, he has influenced efficiency decisions in more than three billion square feet of North American real estate. He is the President of Selling Energy and a co-founder of the Efficiency Sales Professional Institute. Mark received his B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
This two-day workshop is brought to you by TVA's Preferred Provider Network Program.
DATES and LOCATIONS:
August 18 & 19th, 2015 - Nashville, TN
One Century Place Conference Center
26 Century Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37214
September 23rd & 24th, 2015 - Knoxville, TN
Rothschild Conference Center
8807 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37923
The training will run from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM on Day 1 and 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM on Day 2. Registration and breakfast will begin at 8:00 AM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days.
This two-day training offers a wealth of insights on selling efficiency more effectively, such as…
- Understanding and selling all of the benefits of enhanced efficiency (utility cost, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial)
- Appreciating the differences in decision-making drivers among building owners/landlords/tenants
- Identifying and appealing to sector-specific and role-specific benefits
- Generating leads and networking
- Relationship development
- Anticipating and addressing myths and objections
- Communication strategies and tactics, including the value of a well-crafted “elevator pitch”
- Understanding your prospects and building rapport
- Selling to the C-suite
- Developing a one-page proposal
- Calculating a project’s true return, including life-cycle cost where applicable
- Distilling the costs/benefits into a concise one-page financial summary emphasizing the right metrics
- Finding and highlighting the “free money” to help reduce or eliminate first cost
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager benchmarking to open doors and document progress
- Exercises to prepare attendees to begin applying what they learn immediately:
- Overcoming more than two dozen common objections to efficiency initiatives
- Mapping decision-making chains, identifying values that drive each player’s decisions
- Crafting “elevator pitches” that are concise and compelling to a variety of prospects
- Crafting a one-page financial summary using sample data, along with exercises on migrating the focus from simple payback to more meaningful financial metrics
- Evaluating a one-page proposal that captures and retains the decision-makers’ attention
$995 Qualified* participants pay just $95.
*To be eligible for this discount, your organization must be a member of TVA's Preferred Partner Network.
Program fee includes:
- Copy of the Learning to S.E.E. Playbook (with tools, templates, and other valuable resources)
- One year of post-training support via monthly coaching calls (a $300 value)
- Access to three levels of Financial Analysis online/on-demand trainings (a $350 value)
- A complimentary headshot taken by a professional photographer
- A copy of the Wall Street Journal best seller Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas that Get more Projects Approved!
- Ongoing access to the ESP Ninja App™ (available for iPhone, iPad, and Android)
Continuing education credits:
GBCI: 14 CE hours (LEED)
AIA CES: 14 LUs/HSW
BPI: 4.67 CEUs
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted for a full refund up to two weeks before the training.