A Fitting Day to Launch Our Labor of Love
In the late 19th century, Labor Day was created to be a celebration of the American labor movement. It is a holiday dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It should come as no surprise that Rachel and I intentionally chose Labor Day to release our new book Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! Those of you who have heard me speak know that I identify with the term “workafrolic” and that I often reference quotes that herald the merits of diligence in pursuing noble goals:
I want to thank the 105 people who took the time to write a testimonial sharing how our daily insights have created value for them; and, everyone who made it possible for us to pre-sell over 3,000 copies of the book across 42 states and 12 countries. That outpouring of support gave us the extra oomph we needed as we were nearing the finish line and juggling the thousand and one details required to bring a hardcover business book to market.
Our goal is to make this a national best seller this month. Doing so should catapult the notion of “selling efficiency effectively” into the mainstream, creating a rising tide that floats all boats in our industry. We envision NPR interviews in our utility clients’ territories, which will give us the opportunity to give a shout-out to their programs. We picture prospects seeing the book on the best seller list – perhaps even paging through a copy at the bookstore – and finally understanding that energy efficiency can indeed make their operations more competitive, profitable, and valuable.
We need your help to spread the word. This book will allow our message to reach a greater audience… moving from teaching 5,000 people a year to influencing 50,000 or more. In order to achieve this monumental goal, we need your help in igniting the fire for Selling Energy across all market actors in every corner of the world. Thank you in advance for helping us with the launch.
For many, Labor Day is the last hurrah of summer. How fitting to use it as a springboard for everyone’s success in getting customers to say “Yes!” to energy projects. As added fuel, we are offering a $150 gift card for online training through SellingEnergy.com for every book ordered between September 1st and September 25th. (Sales in the first week of September are particularly helpful since that’s when we’re pursuing the Wall Street Journal best seller list.)
Here is how you can help spread our book’s “elevator pitch”:
“Learn what it takes to get customers to say ‘Yes!’ to energy projects!”
- Post a review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Good Reads, and other e-commerce websites.
- Share news and insights with your networks (see examples here)
- Share news of the BONUS OFFER: $150 gift card for every book purchased between September 1st and 25th, 2014.
- Let your colleagues know you are enjoying the book.
- Share some of the book’s insights.
- Ask your local bookstore to carry it.
- Buy copies to give away to those who can benefit from the message.
- Pre-order copies and give away both the books and the bonus $150 gift cards at your next trade ally event, holiday party, annual meeting, trade show, or lunch-and-learn.
- Encourage your trade allies (distributors, contractors, etc.) to get with the program and start selling efficiency effectively!
- Share the news on industry blogs or let Mark be a guest blogger or interviewee.
- Tell us who else should be hearing this message.
We want to get this book in the hands of anyone responsible for advancing efficiency:
- Program implementers
- Manufacturers and their reps
- Trade organizations
- Transitioning professionals
- College students
- Energy users!
- Any other roles that influence the efficiency decision, even if their actual titles or job descriptions don’t include the word “sales.”
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of our work. They say it takes a village to raise a child. We’re convinced it takes a village to do just about any grand undertaking, including launching a best seller!
Selling Energy opens with a quote from my father: “The best way to prosper yourself is to prosper others.” Rachel and I are convinced that this book will prosper anyone who reads it. We thank you in advance for helping that vision become a reality.