INSIDE SALES PROFESSIONAL FOR IN-PERSON AND ONLINE SALES TRAININGS
Professional sales training firm focused on the energy space
Selling Energy is a rapidly growing award-winning sales training firm focused on teaching professionals in the energy space how to go to market with their products and services. We provide a mix of in-person and online classes (taught by Mark Jewell, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author on the topic) across North America (and elsewhere). The training we provide is world-class and we offer a mix of in-person and online classes with follow-on support and coaching services. We don’t just teach classes, we work with our students over the course of their careers to support them in being successful. Just check testimonials from past attendees here!
That is where you come in….
We are forming a new Inside Sales team and are looking for smart, motivated people to join us as we continue to grow. You will be charged with selling individual and attendance for in-person and online courses to professionals in the energy industry using a pre-developed prospect list (some cold, some warm, and some hot). You will be reaching out to prospects primarily over the phone and some email to inform them about the training, answer questions they have, and sell them on registration. We are a growing company and are looking for an Inside Sales Professional that can grow with us. As an added benefit you will be provided with ongoing sales training and coaching from Mark Jewell, our President who recently won an international Stevie Award for Sales Trainer or Education Leader of the Year). This position will report to the Contact Center Manager and will be based in our San Francisco office at 3rd and Mission.
- Cold-calling and warm-calling prospects
- Answering questions related to the training courses
- Following-up with leads from your book of business
- Providing basic registration assistance
- Up-selling add on services and courses as appropriate
- Pre-screening sales opportunities at the organizational level
- Updating contact database and lead management system
- Growth and career oriented with a drive to be successful
- Amazing phone sales skills with a strong sense of customer service and support
- Ability to call 40-60 prospects per day
- Impeccable writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport with other over the phone
- Strong attention to detail and information organization
- Familiarity with the energy, HVAC, or lighting industries preferred, but not required
- Personal values that align with company mission and values
- Resourceful with a strong understanding of business acumen
- Ability to work successfully in a team and independently, and comfortable in very fast-paced and growing environments
- Comfortable using Apple computers and phones
HOURS AND BENEFITS
- This position will be based out of our San Francisco office and expected hours are 40 hours a week
- Kaiser health insurance
- 15 days of Paid Time Off
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Centrally-located office with easy access to public transportation (with commuter benefits in the works)
- Focus on-going training and development including tuition reimbursement
- Beautiful offices with Apple laptops, double Apple monitors, and company cell phone
To apply, please send an email with your resume and response to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the greatest strengths you will bring to the team?
- What part of the position excites you the most?
- What did you like most AND least about your previous jobs?
- If you are currently unemployed, what was the reason for leaving your last company? If you are employed, what is your reason for wanting to make a change?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are the last three books you read?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What is your availability to start?
At Selling Energy, we take pride in the quality of work that we do. We come to work each day knowing we’re making a difference. As we grow, we continue to look for positive, action-oriented people who share our passion for service and achieving results for our clients. Being part of a growing company isn’t always easy, but we hope it’s always rewarding.
Our mission is to facilitate the success of individuals and organizations by providing exemplary training, service, and support. This applies to all of our employees, our clients, and the industries we serve. We are working to transform the way energy products and services are sold around the world, turbocharging the success of the individuals and organizations that we work with. By being exemplary in everything we do, we can have a lasting positive impact on the individuals and organizations we serve.
“We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.” Steve Jobs
Learn more about our Core Values
Equal Opportunity Employer
Selling Energy, part of Energy Efficiency Funding Group, Inc. (EEFG) is fully committed to equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status. It is also EEFG’s policy to comply with other federal, state and local laws that specifically prohibit other forms of discrimination.
EEFG uses Good Hire for pre-employment criminal background checks and drug testing. Candidates are expected to disclose any known history as part of the application process.