This course is not available online. See a list of our in-person dates here. If no ESP Boot Camp courses are currently scheduled, sign up to receive alerts about future courses at the bottom of the same page.
The Efficiency Sales Professional™ (ESP) Certificate Program is 40 hours of training on sales, efficiency, financial analysis, and personal productivity that will help you become an efficiency sales ninja and turbocharge your success. Efficiency sales ninjas…
- Find the highest-value targets and capture their attention
- Map the decision-making chain and skillfully assess motivations
- Concisely communicate value and artfully blend emotion and logic to neutralize objections
- Replace myths with math and escape the clutches of simple payback period
- Perform in ways that achieve results and merit emulation
Who should attend?
Efficiency products dealers and distributors, architects, engineers, mechanical and electrical contractors, energy-efficiency specialists, HVAC and lighting designers, building owners and managers, utility representatives, commissioning authorities, and anyone else whose success depends on the successful advocacy of efficiency projects.
Program Format and Privileges:
- 40 in-person course hours delivered in 5 full-day sessions
- Access to 6.5 hours of Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects online/on-demand trainings
- ESP Playbook pre-loaded with exercises, tools, templates, and more
- Professional headshot
- 1 year access to the ESP Ninja Network Workshops and referral network
- Personalized input on completed assignments (during class and as part of the Ninja Network Workshops)
- Authorized use of the Efficiency Sales Professional logo for proposals, marketing materials, resumes, and business cards
- Continuing education units are available: GBCI 48 CEs (LEED); AIA 8 LUs and 32 HSW/SD LUs
Section 1: Setting Yourself Up for Success
Module 1: Introduction to the ESP Program
Module 2: Anticipating and addressing myths and objections
Module 3: Getting in the mindset for success
Module 4: Optimizing your workspace and habits
Section 2: Identifying the Right Leads
Module 5: Finding the right decision‐makers in each segment
Module 6: Developing and refining your value proposition
Module 7: Generating leads
Module 8: Leveraging social media
Section 3: Catching the Attention of Your Ideal Prospects
Module 9: Understanding your prospects and building rapport
Module 10: Communication strategies
Module 11: Communication tactics
Module 12: Business etiquette
Section 4: Generating Compelling Value Propositions
Module 13: Business acumen/literacy
Module 14: Understanding and selling all of the benefits
Module 15: Sector-specific examples of benefits beyond utility cost savings
Module 16: Developing winning proposal
Section 5: Calculating Returns
Module 17: Selecting the most appropriate and compelling financial metrics
Module 18: Using life-cycle cost analysis
Module 19: Applying energy efficiency to landlord/tenant settings
Module 20: Project financing and finding the “free money”
Section 6: Seeing it Through
Module 21: Presenting a one-page financial summary as well as the cost of delay
Module 22: Delivering winning proposals and closing the sale
Module 23: Account development
Module 24: Bringing it all together
The Efficiency Sales Professional Certificate Program is not your typical sales course.
The market is filled with sales programs that provide proven strategies for increasing leads, creating compelling value propositions, building client relationships, and closing sales. However, these programs are created for large and varied audiences selling everything from Italian leather shoes to jetliners. When it comes to applying sales principles to your own industry, it starts to get tricky. That’s why Selling Energy created the ESP Certificate Program, which artfully combines instruction on professional selling, financial analysis, segment-specific business acumen, and the energy efficiency industry.
It has been said that successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do, and that half-efforts do not produce half-results, they produce no results.
This program requires your full commitment and engagement, which includes doing the pre- and post-class readings, being fully present and participatory during the sessions, and attentively completing the exercises that support this curriculum. Graduates finish the ESP Certificate Program with new and valuable insights, skills, techniques, and tools that will turbocharge their success in advancing efficiency initiatives.
(also known in the market as the Energy Sales Professional Certification Program)