Director of Finance & Operations
Selling Energy trains people to advance their careers and be better sales professionals through their award-winning in-person and online training programs.
Selling Energy is disrupting the sales training industry and turbocharging the success of individuals and organizations around the world. Selling Energy provides nanodegrees – credentials built to recognize real-work skills – and lifelong learning for the modern world. It supports a broad range of customers from the eco entrepreneur to the Fortune 500 Company.
In March 2015, Mark Jewell was presented the prestigious Gold Stevie Award for “Sales Training or Education Leader of the Year.” The founders’ first book, "Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved!” has become a Wall Street bestseller and won accolades from the Axiom Business Book Awards and the Reader Views Annual Literary Awards.
We are a growing company and are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to ensure we are running like a NASCAR Pit Crew. As Director of Operations, you will be managing a diverse, growing team tasked with developing, managing and optimizing company operations. You will also work as part of the leadership team to ensure processes and systems are in pace to continue to scale the company and take it to the next level. As needed, you will fill in any gaps as we continue to bring on additional operations staff.
This position will be based out of our San Francisco SOMA office.
- Prepare and manage company budgets and financial forecasts
- Supervise all accounting, payroll, and taxation
- Oversee expenses for accuracy and approve reimbursements
- Prepare and analyze financial reports including various forms of revenue and expenses
- Managing and developing the benefits program and strategy
- Developing and administering a compensation program
- Oversee the collection or metrics related to HR to identify what is working and what could use improvement
- Work with the owners to develop an organizational structure that will lead us into the future
- Ensure that the company maintains compliance with regulatory concerns
- Develop a recruiting strategy to attract top talent
- Supervise recruiting, onboarding, and off-boarding activities
- Develop and manage employee engagement program
- Manage professional development efforts and ensure employees have the knowledge and tools needed to thrive in their roles
- Ensure company office are set-up and running efficiently
- Manage opening of new offices
- Oversee staff operations and scheduling for employees that run events for Selling Energy’s sister company (SF Green Space)
- Manage project timelines and budgets for in-person trainings and marketing events
- Manage staff (direct and in-direct) and work directly with clients to ensure each step of the process is properly executed including registration, marketing, customer service, sales, travel, venue, catering, materials, and post-training support, and reporting
This is a very diverse role to fill a variety of current needs. As we grow, additional support will be brought in. The ideal candidate will have experience in all areas with expertise in at least two and experience working in a high growth environment.
- Advanced degree in business preferred
- Experience in a financial oversight role and managing operations
- Experience building and managing a diverse team, including recruiting top talent
- Strong understanding of all HR functional areas including, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Meticulous and organized, with an ability to envision the future while managing the day-to-day details
- Proven ability to mange multiple projects at once
- Personal values that align with company mission and values
- Resourceful with a strong understanding of business acumen
- Ability to work successfully in a team and independently, and confortable in very fast-paced and growing environments
- Comfortable using Apple computers and phones
To apply, please send an email with your resume and response to the following questions to email@example.com
- What are the greatest strengths you will bring to the team?
- What part of the position excites you the most?
- What did you like most AND least about your previous jobs?
- If you are currently unemployed, what was the reason for leaving your last company? If you are employed, what is your reason for wanting to make a change?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are the last three books you read?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What is your availability to start?
HOURS AND BENEFITS
- This position will be based out of our San Francisco office and expected hours are 50 hours a week (+/-)
- Kaiser health insurance
- 15 days of Paid Time Off + paid holidays
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Centrally-located office with easy access to public transportation (with commuter benefits in the works)
- Focus on on-going training and development including tuition reimbursement
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Beautiful offices with Apple laptops, double Apple monitors, and company cell phone
At Selling Energy, we take pride in the quality of work that we do. We come to work each day knowing we’re making a difference. As we grow, we continue to look for positive, action-oriented people who share our passion for service and who want to make their mark on the world. Being part of a growing company isn’t always easy, but we hope it’s always rewarding.
Our mission is to facilitate the success of individuals and organizations by providing exemplary training, service, and support. This applies to all of our employees, our clients, and the industries we serve.
“We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.” Steve Jobs
Learn more about our Core Values
Equal Opportunity Employer
Selling Energy, part of Energy Efficiency Funding Group, Inc. (EEFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and is fully committed to considering for employment and advancement all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status. It is also EEFG’s policy to comply with other federal, state and local laws that specifically prohibit other forms of discrimination.
EEFG conducts pre-employment background checks and drug test for all final candidates. Criminal history is not necessarily a cause for non-hire and EEFG will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.