Corporate Event Planner
Selling Energy is a rapidly growing award-winning sales training firm focused on teaching professionals in the energy space how to go to market with their products and services. We provide a mix of in-person and online classes (taught by Mark Jewell, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author on the topic) across North America (and elsewhere). The training we provide is world-class and we offer a mix of in-person and online classes with follow-on support and coaching services. We don’t just teach classes, we work with our students over the course of their careers to support them in being successful. Just check testimonials from past attendees here!
That is where you come in….
Coordinating back-to-back training events and conferences across the U.S. and Canada takes a lot of careful planning and flawless execution. In this role, you would ensure that each event is meticulously outlined and every detailed planned. As needed, you may also travel to events to help with on-site elements. We are a growing company and are looking for a Corporate Event Planner that can grow with us. This position will be based in our San Francisco office at 3rd and Mission.
- Manage event budgets
- Identify potential conflicts with local events
- Research venues for hosting training courses
- Research and register for relevant conferences to attend and market at
- Negotiate contracts with venues and coordinate catering
- Coordinate the timely printing and shipping for event materials and ensure that the necessary items are all in the right place at the right time
- Book flights, hotels, transportation and all other logistics required for speaker and conference sales staff
- Manage travel reward program numbers
- Run registration reports and prepare briefings for instructors/sales staff
- Prepare name badges, sign in sheets, event signage, surveys and handouts
- Pack equipment and materials for each event
- Verify details with venues prior to the vent
- Run in-person registration for larger events (if you are able to travel)
- Coordinate wrap-up logistics (mailing packages back, paying venues, scanning sign in sheets, organizing business cards and receipts, etc.)
- High attention to detail and impeccable organizational skills
- Experience with travel booking and event planning
- Logical mindset with an ability to plan around unforeseen circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable coordinating with others, speaking on the phone, and attending in-person events
- Mid-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Personal values that align with company mission and values
- Resourceful with a strong understanding of business acumen
- Ability to work successfully in a team and independently, and confortable in very fast-paced and growing environments
- Comfortable using Apple computers and phones
HOURS AND BENEFITS
- This position will be based out of our San Francisco office and expected hours are 40 hours a week with overtime available.
- Kaiser health insurance
- 15 days of Paid Time Off
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Centrally-located office with easy access to public transportation (with commuter benefits in the works)
- Focus on-going training and development including tuition reimbursement
- Beautiful offices with Apple laptops, double Apple monitors, and company cell phone
To apply, please send an email with your resume and response to the following questions to email@example.com
- What are the greatest strengths you will bring to the team?
- What part of the position excites you the most?
- What did you like most AND least about your previous jobs?
- If you are currently unemployed, what was the reason for leaving your last company? If you are employed, what is your reason for wanting to make a change?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are the last three books you read?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What is your availability to start?
- What percentage of time are you available to travel?
At Selling Energy, we take pride in the quality of work that we do. We come to work each day knowing we’re making a difference. As we grow, we continue to look for positive, action-oriented people who share our passion for service and achieving results for our clients. Being part of a growing company isn’t always easy, but we hope it’s always rewarding.
Our mission is to facilitate the success of individuals and organizations by providing exemplary training, service, and support. This applies to all of our employees, our clients, and the industries we serve. We are working to transform the way energy products and services are sold around the world, turbocharging the success of the individuals and organizations that we work with. By being exemplary in everything we do, we can have a lasting positive impact on the individuals and organizations we serve.
“We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.” Steve Jobs
Learn more about our Core Values
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Selling Energy, part of Energy Efficiency Funding Group, Inc. (EEFG) is fully committed to equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status. It is also EEFG’s policy to comply with other federal, state and local laws that specifically prohibit other forms of discrimination.
EEFG uses Good Hire for pre-employment criminal background checks and drug testing. Candidates are expected to disclose any known history as part of the application process.