Chief of Staff / Executive Assistant
Are you looking to join a growing team where you can apply your passion for operational leadership, in an entrepreneurial start-up environment, at an organization with a world-class reputation located in the heart of San Francisco? Then join us as we take the Efficiency Sales Professional Institute to the next level.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Efficiency Sales Professional Institute, part of EEFG Inc., focuses on teaching people how to successfully advance energy initiatives. Topics include selling energy products and services, financial analysis, business acumen, and ENERGY STAR Benchmarking. The training we provide is world-class and we offer a mix of in-person and online classes with follow-on support and coaching services. We don’t just teach classes, we work with our students over the course of their careers to support them in being successful. (www.eefg.com and www.sellingenergy.com) In addition, we run a corporate event and training venue in San Francisco (www.sfgreeenspace.com)
While we are a small (and rapidly growing) family-owned business, we are leaders in the sales industry. The owners have written a Wall Street Journal best-selling book and recently won an international award for “Sales Training / Educational Professional of the Year”. We have an amazing reputation and excellent customer feedback on how the trainings have successfully impacted our graduates’ organizations, careers, and personal lives. We teach around 4,000 people per year. Typical attendees are those that provide energy efficiency or renewable products and services to commercial and residential customers including engineering firms, manufacturers and distributors, utilities, program implementers, eco-entrepreneurs, etc.
Read what our customers have to say! http://sellingenergy.com/pages/testimonials
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an amazing person to join the team to work closely with the leadership (President and CEO) as we charge into the future. This newly formed position will act as an extension of the CEO and President, so your day-to-day responsibilities and activities will be as varied and fast-paced as theirs. You will be involved in nearly every aspect of the company’s operation. Your goal will be to help keep the ship running effectively and efficiently as the company doubles in size. You will probably also get a solid dose of administrative responsibilities, and while they might not be the most emotionally fulfilling thing you do, are key to keeping the organization running. As Mike Rowe says, “it’s a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it”.
The ideal candidate will love playing a variety of hats and wants to work hard to make things happen and keep things running. We are looking for someone that is passionate and motivated, driven, resourceful, and committed. A person who believes in the work we are doing and wants to help others be successful in their careers. As a rapidly growing business, we are also looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business sense. You can learn more about the company at www.sellingenergy.com and www.eefg.com .
HOURS AND BENEFITS
This position will be based out of our San Francisco office. Work hours are at least 40 hours per week with overtime available. With the CEO involved in extensive travel, some evening and weekend work may be needed on occasion.
Benefits include sick and vacation time, Kaiser health insurance (fully paid by company), and 401k / profit sharing with automatic employer contribution.
- Troubleshoot staff/project issues and oversee day-to-day operational activities
- Meet with leadership to plan the week/month
- Act as a point of contact between leadership and other staff to ensure projects are executed correctly and on time, directing the work of others
- Monitor and maintain project management tools (e.g. BaseCamp)
- Brief leadership on key issues/activities for the week
- Ensure participants are aware of and prepared for meetings
- Facilitate staff discussions and document standard policies and procedures for executing work
- Attend meetings, capture major take-aways, and and ensure staff follows through on objectives
- Perform new employee onboarding activities and training
- Identify areas of improvement for the organization and develop/execute action plan to take the company to the next level
- Maintain company calendars
- Review expenses and identify areas of cost reduction
- Maintain CEO’s travel schedule and book flights, hotels, and car rentals
- Monitor social media channels
- Approve time sheets, process payroll, and deposit checks
- Manage special projects/ key initiatives
- Calculate commissions for sales staff
- Develop information dashboards
- Pre-screening resumes and scheduling interviews
- Various admin/research projects as needed
- Trustworthy with an ability to handle business and employee confidential information
- Growth and career oriented with a drive to be successful
- Excellent staff management and coordination skills
- Impeccable writing and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and information organization
- Results-oriented project management approach
- Able to function in an ambiguous fast-paced environment
- Highly resourceful and able to figure anything out
To apply, please send an email to Rchristenson@eefg.com with "Chief of Staff - 135" in the subject line, include a resume of your experience, and answer the following questions:
- What is the greatest strength(s) you would bring to the role?
- What part of the job most excites you?
- What did you like most and least about your previous jobs?
- What is your availability to start?
- If you are currently unemployed, what was your reason for leaving your past company?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are the last three books you read?
- What are your salary requirements?