Make a Lasting Impression
Once you’ve made a good first impression, keep the positive relationship alive by leaving a lasting impression. Here are some ideas on how to leave a good impression:
- Send a thank-you note. This is not only a nice gesture, but also a sneak preview of who you are and what you have to offer.
- Deliver what you promised in a timely manner. If you meet someone and offer to do something for them or send them something, do it (and quickly)!
- Keep a database of contacts and organize those contacts into groups based on their relationship to you. This will help you remember who people are, where you met them, and so forth.
- Regularly touch base with your contacts. Contacting your prospects and clients regularly helps you maintain good standing.
- Send surveys. These are great for gauging customer satisfaction. Surveys can be mailed, emailed, or delivered through online survey websites.
- Send newsletters. This is a good way to help customers remember your business. It may not be as personal; however, it’s an easier to manage large quantities of customers.
Want our daily content delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to the Selling Energy Blog!