People Buy You
Before a prospect can be sold on an efficiency product or service, they need to be sold on the person selling it. I’ve written many blogs about how crucial it is to build good rapport with your prospects and clients. In many cases, you may not even need to pull out all the stops in your sales pitch to get a “Yes” if you’ve established a good connection with the buyer beforehand.
So how do you put your best foot forward as a sales professional on a personal level? Learn how to sell yourself. One of my favorite books on this topic is called People Buy You, by Jeb Blount. In it you’ll find a wealth of strategies for building rapport, connecting with your prospects and clients on an emotional level, building customer loyalty, and more.
Here’s an excerpt of the book summary from Amazon Books:
“This break-through book pushes past the typical focus on mechanics and stale processes found in so many of today's sales and business books, and goes right to the heart of what matters most in 21stcentury business. Offering a straightforward, actionable formula for creating instant connections with prospects and customers, People Buy You will enable you to achieve a whole new level of success in your sales and business career. You'll discover:
- Three relationship myths that are holding you back
- Five levers that open the door to stronger relationships that quickly increase sales, improve retention, increase profits and advance your career
- The real secret to making instant emotional connections that eliminate objections and move buyers to reveal their real problems and needs
- How to anchor your business relationships and create loyal customers who will never leave you for a competitor
- How to build your personal brand to improve your professional presence and stand-out in the market place
“People Buy You is the new standard in the art of influence and persuasion. Few books have tackled the subject of interpersonal relationships in the business world in such a practical and down-to-earth manner, breaking what many perceive as a complex and frustrating process into easy, actionable steps that anyone can follow.”
Love one of our blogs? Feel free to use an excerpt on your own site, newsletter, blog, etc. Just be sure to send us a copy or link, and include the following at the end of the excerpt: “By Mark Jewell, Wall Street Journal best-selling author of Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! This content is excerpted from the Sales Ninja blog, Mark Jewell's daily blog on ideas and inspiration for advancing efficiency. Sign up at SellingEnergy.com.”
Want our daily content delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to the Sales Ninja blog!