6 Post-Sale Strategies
Winning the sale is only half of the battle. The next steps you take determine the future success of your business. Here are some post-sale strategies that will keep your business running strong:
1. Send a welcome package. Include a thank you letter, a “how to get the best use out of our widgets” report, and some other helpful tools that nurture the relationship and offer post-purchase reassurance. This is a very powerful tool in increasing referrals and minimizing refunds.
2. Write two review letters: A 2-week review letter with a feedback form and response-maximizing device, and a 6-month review letter asking for their feedback and mentioning that you will call to review their situation.
3. Create a nurturing program with a total of two nurturing pieces per year as well as two to three letters asking for a repeat sale (this will depend on your specific industry).
4. Run a referral campaign designed to generate high numbers of direct referrals in return for an incentive.
5. Send a newsletter at least four times per year. If most of your clients have email, an e-newsletter will suffice.
6. Send a “special offer” letter. One of the reasons some businesses don't generate much repeat business is that they simply don't ask customers to buy from them again.
Want our daily content delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to the Selling Energy Blog!